Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Giving It Up

I put it all out there.  I took all my stress and I put it out to the Universe.  I put it on this blog. I put it on Facebook.  I put it in an email to my moms' group.  I gave it to my yoga teacher.  I gave it to a friend over dinner.  I have raised my hands and given it up.

And the Universe has given back to me.  I've been offered a condo to use, free of charge.  I've been offered a beautiful house to rent at an affordable price with no stipulations.  Friends have offered the use of their house while they are on vacation.  Friends have offered to help us pack and move our things to storage. 

In the worst of times, the Universe always shows you why you should be grateful.  Last year, we experienced the worst thing we have ever experienced - a crash that injured me and two of our kids, destroyed our family vehicle and shook our sense of safety.  And yet, through the fear and the pain and the stress, I was overwhelmed with gratitude.  Friends called and stopped by.  Family came to stay.  Everyone cooked for us and brought us food.  A beautiful little girl gave T her jacket, to replace the one he lost in the accident. 

Sometimes, I forget.  But this week has been a reminder to me.  When you think things are at their worst, don't lock the fear and the stress inside.  Give it up to the Universe, put it out there, and you will be amazed at what you get back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment